Guidelines to Applications
Northern Ireland Fund
In association with The Clothworkers’ Company we can offer grants to small charitable organisations anywhere in Northern Ireland excluding those in Co. Derry or close neighbouring areas (includes any town/village within the Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council), however, conditions apply.
Charities within Co Derry or close neighbouring areas (includes any town/village within the Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council) should apply to our Co. Derry Fund.
Charitable organisations applying to the NI FUND can apply for grants up to £2000. Annual operating income must be below £250,000.
A very limited amount of money is available within this fund and therefore we normally only award approximately 10-12 grants per year.
- Application form
- A brief description of your organization and its activities must be submitted. Similar information must be supplied for individual applications. Additional information should be attached on a separate sheet.
- Copies of 6 months’ bank statements or relevant financial information must accompany applications. If annual accounts are provided these must be recent/up to date.
- Quotation of costs.
- Details of other funding applied for or already secured.
The Local Advisory Committee normally meets several times a year to consider applications received.
Friday 19 March
20 April 2021
Tuesday 4 May
7 June 2021
Friday 3 September
11 October 2021
Priority will be given to items of a capital nature.
Priority will be given to applicants operating in the following areas:
- Alcohol & substance misuse
- Elderly people
- Disabled people
- Disadvantaged minority communities
- Prisoners & Ex offenders
- Disadvantaged young people
- Visual impairment
- Domestic & sexual violence
YOU MUST STATE & EXPLAIN WHICH CATEGORY YOU BELONG TO
The fund will not normally assist with: retrospective funding, third party applications, feasibility studies, research activities, political or religious activity, replacement of statutory funding or any non-charitable activities.
All requests for assistance must fall within at least one of the charitable purposes listed below:
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of citizenship or community development.
- The advancement of the arts, culture, heritage or science.
- The advancement of amateur sport.
- The advancement of environmental protection or improvement.
- The relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- Evidence of expenditure of grant must be provided within six months. And we are always pleased to receive photographs and reports on how the grant monies have been used to include on our website.
- Any grant monies not used should be returned to the Society.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.